Tired of lame web programming jobs? Looking for serious problems to solve, with real impact?
PassiveLogic is a pioneering autonomous building systems startup company. We are developing a ground breaking autonomous control platform for the future of smart cities and high performance buildings. We have a position for a Computer Science or Engineering intern that offers the opportunity to be a meaningful part of a team, develop real technology, prototype product, and solve real-world engineering problems.
- This is a internship position (or entry-level), with the potential of a full-time position for the right candidate.
- Opportunity for involvement is limited by only your enthusiasm (i.e. you do real work, not toy intern problems).
What you will be doing:
Developing autonomous, heuristic and regression data mining solutions for real-time system control and multi-dimensional path estimation. Other tasks include implementing physical model based “digital twins” of real-world analogs, interfacing with system object model and developing interfaces for electro-mechanical control systems.
You must have:
- Interest in autonomous systems, machine learning, energy systems, or mechanical-electrical control.
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Python, R, C++, Swift, etc).
- Experience with classic ML and deep learning methods.
- Must be diligent and get work done, but we do respect powder days.
You should have:
- Experience with Tensorflow or other deep learning framework.
- Experience with reinforcement learning, route finding and search algorithms.
- Experience with data mining methodologies & statistical methods.
- Experience with modeling and algorithm development.
It’s helpful to have:
- Fundamentals of building energy and/or electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with autonomous systems.
- Experience with Swift (even better, Swift for Tensorflow)
- Hourly Wage, TBD based on experience.
- We can support academic credits for students.
To apply for this position:
With your introduction and resume, include a description of a project (of any type) you personally created, devised, built, managed, organized, or designed that was of your own self-initiative. Also include any portfolio work, links to your code repo, personal website, etc.
PassiveLogic is the world's first autonomous building automation system. Just scan the building with a tablet, and we create the building's digital twin, from which our physics engine autonomously controls your building in real time. We turn complex building automation into a simple plug-and-play experience, improving the profitability of automation installers by 2X, and allowing them to execute at scale.
PassiveLogic's disruptive control technology is like an engineer-in-a-box that provides real-time autopilot for buildings. We reinvent the fundamental principals of automation using physics and artificial intelligence to replace todays antiquated systems.