We are a disruptive autonomous building controls and automation systems startup company, developing the next generation control technology for the future of smart cities, high performance, and net-zero buildings. We have a position for a thermodynamics and simulation intern that offers the opportunity to be a meaningful part of a team, develop real technology, prototype product, and solve real-world engineering and product development problems.
This is an internship position, with the potential full-time follow-on for the right candidate. Opportunity for involvement is only limited by your enthusiasm.
What You Will be Doing:
- Energy equipment mathematical model development, thermo-physical systems modeling, and building simulation.
- Assisting in product development and software development.
You Must Have:
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics & heat transfer.
- Understanding of buildings, mechanical and/or process control.
- Strong math, numerical methods, and analysis skills.
- Programming skills (e.g. Matlab, C++, C, Swift, etc).
- Must be diligent and get work done… but we do respect powder days.
You Should Have:
- Good programming skills.
- Experience with math modeling (e.g. Matlab, Mathcad, Maple, Python, etc).
- Fundamentals of building energy and/or mechanical systems.
It’s Helpful to Have:
- Experience with the Swift Programming Language.
- Experience with FEA modeling techniques.
- Experience with EnergyPlus, or other building simulation environments.
- Familiarity with heuristic, statistical or machine learning methods.
- Compensated by hourly TBD based on experience.
To Apply for This Position:
- With your introduction and resume, include a description of a project (of any type) you personally created, devised, built, managed, organized, or designed that was of your own self-initiative.
- Also include any portfolio work, links to your code repo, personal website, etc.